If you are interested in knowing about Kratom, you’re at the right place to start your exploration. While this may not be a Kratom Bible, talking in detail about everything, you can consider it a short version of the Kratom Bible. So, if you want to buy Kratom, but have a few questions in mind, read on to find the best answers.
Kratom: Mitragyna Speciosa
The herb called Kratom is found in Southeast Asia. This region is ideal for Kratom growth as it offers a hot and humid climate and rainfall. The Mitragyna Speciosa plant grows in dense forests of Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.
The reason why Kratom is so popular around the world is the alkaloids – mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. These alkaloids are present in the Kratom leaf, and their concentration can be as much as 80%.
Kratom trees are quite tall, ranging from 100 to 115 feet, and their leaves are long and wide. The wider the tree’s trunk, the more nutritious the Kratom leaf; based on this, Kratom growers have created many different brands out of a single Kratom strain. But before we describe the Kratom strain, you should know about the Kratom colors.
Where Does Kratom Come From?
Kratom grows in the wilds of Southeast Asia in countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam. Most kratom strains are named according to their vein color and place of origin. This helps kratom users easily identify among the various strains of kratom.
How Is Kratom Grown?
As we stated above, kratom trees can be found growing in the forest of Southeast Asia. However, most farmers will grow their trees on plantations. This allows them to give their kratom crops all the care and nutrients that are needed to produce high-quality kratom.
How Is Kratom Harvested?
Once the kratom leaves have reached peak maturity, farmers will pluck them. they will then undergo a drying process. Most kratom is dried in an air-conditioned room with no sunlight. This helps preserve the alkaloids within the leaf. There are other methods of drying as well. It will all depend on the farmer and the type of kratom they are trying to harvest.
One type of kratom, Bentuangie, requires a fermentation process. So the leaves will be placed in bags where they will be exposed to moisture for some time. This alters the alkaloids and results in a new kratom strain.
You can see that the drying process is vital to the strains finalized alkaloid content. Once the leaves are done drying they will be packaged and shipped to vendors. Once they arrive at our facilities we can create our kratom products. We start by grinding the leaves down to make a floury powder. This powder can be used to create extracts or capsules.
Exploring Kratom Vein Colors
Next, in this mini Kratom bible, we’re going to talk about how a single Kratom tree can produce different Kratom colors. A lot of research has been conducted to identify these colors, but here’s what we have discovered so far.
A single Kratom strain can have three different alkaloid concentrations. How? That’s because of the three different vein colors associated with the Kratom leaf. As the Kratom leaf grows, its vein changes from white to green and changes to red when the leaf becomes mature.
- White Kratom: It’s the initial growth stage where the vein color is pure white, signifying the presence of pure but limited amounts of alkaloids.
- Green Kratom: This Kratom comes from the leaves that have grown on to exhibit green-colored veins. This is the midpoint of the leaf’s life.
- Red Kratom: The Kratom extracted from the mature leaves contains the highest concentration of alkaloids and few impurities as well.
What’s Are Kratom Strains?
No Kratom Bible would be complete without the mention of the Kratom strain. As Kratom grows in many countries and locations, it has a lot of variety. Some varieties are still unknown to the world.
A Kratom strain grown in one location may have a different alkaloid concentration compared to the one grown in another location. But how? This Kratom bible has the answer.
This difference may be due to the following characteristics:
- The temperatures the Kratom tree receives.
- Humidity and high temperatures are suitable for Kratom growth.
- The age of the tree; the older the tree, the better will be the number of alkaloids.
- How good is the soil? Is it nutrition-rich?
- The amount of rainfall the Kratom tree receives.
Based on these, there are different Kratom strains on the market. Here are just a few of the many strains discovered so far:
- Bali Kratom
- Bentuangie Kratom
- Hulu Kapuas Kratom
- Horned Kratom
- Borneo Kratom
- Thai Kratom
- Maeng Da Kratom
- Malay Kratom
- Sunda Kratom
- Vietnam Kratom
- Sumatra Kratom
What Are The Most Popular Kratom Strains?
This will vary from vendor to vendor and customer to customer. However, in general, the Maeng Da strains tend to get a lot of attention. You can grab Maeng Da in white, green, and red vein kratom. There are many strains to choose from, so spend some time getting to know each of them. This will help you find the best strain for your needs.
How is Kratom Extracted?
Kratom is extracted from the Kratom leaves. Kratom growers harvest the trees periodically, based on how often it produces leaves. After harvesting the leaves, they leave them in an open space to dry. Then, the leaves are either packed directly or sent for further processing.
There are different Kratom extraction techniques adopted on a commercial scale. Some of them include:
- Coldwater extraction method
- Multisolvent heatless extraction
- Ultrasonic Kratom extraction
OPMS Kratom deploys the cold water extraction method. How effective is it? You can find it in the post: OPMS Kratom Review: Good, Bad, or Average,
These techniques are quite effective in delivering the highest amount of alkaloids in solid-like or liquid forms. However, no matter what Kratom Bible you read, you’ll always find grinding and crushing as the basic and most common techniques.
Different Kratom Types
Below we will explore the various kratom products. As the kratom industry grows, we are sure this list will as well.
- Leaf – The leaves are harvested from the mitragyna speciosa tree. Traditionally, the leaf of the kratom plant was chewed. In addition to chewing the leaves, they can be dried and crushed into a powder, used to brew a delicious kratom tea, or one of the newest ways to take kratom is by using the leaves in an herbal vaporizer.
- Kratom powder – is quite common, as it is way cheaper than liquid extracts. This is due to the crushing and grinding of the leaves, which are not too expensive. However, you don’t get the highest alkaloids with these methods. Kratom powders are available in all colors.
- Capsules – You can buy pre-made kratom capsules or DIY your own.
- Tinctures or Extracts – You can use powder or leaves to make a tincture or you can choose to buy a pre-made tincture or extract from a reputable vendor. Tinctures are one of the most potent ways to take kratom.
- Kratom Vape Juice – One of the newest ways to take it is by vaping it. However, there are reports that the juice can clog the coils, so you may want to wait on this method until it has been perfected a bit more. Plus, it is hard to find kratom vape juice.
- Gum – This form of kratom is also relatively new and is not easily accessible.
- Gummies – Kratom gummies are making a new wave. It is a great way to enjoy your favorite kratom strains.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is kratom legal?
Yes, kratom is legal in most areas of the United States. However, it is not regulated at a federal level, so each state has to choose how they want to handle kratom.
Where can you buy kratom?
Kratom can be bought locally in smoke shops, vape shops, gas stations, and specialty shops. In addition, there are some bars in large cities that offer kratom drinks as an alternative to alcohol. The best place to buy kratom is online, as the quality tends to be higher and pricing is better.
Who is the American Kratom Association?
The American Kratom Association (AKA) is an advocacy group for kratom. They will step in and fight against legislation that wants to ban the use of kratom. They happen to be the only group in the industry that has come up with some regulations for kratom. It is their goal to get all the states on board with the Kratom Consumer Protection Act. This act will help keep consumers safe when buying and consuming kratom.
Is kratom a controlled substance?
Kratom is not a controlled substance. Although there have been attempts to ban kratom, this herb is not regulated on a federal level. So, each state is left to make its own decision on how to handle kratom. Some states have banned its use completely, such as Alabama and Indiana. Others have allowed the use of kratom, but there are specific towns or cities that have banned its use, like San Diago.
The information stored in this Kratom bible is sufficient for you to carry on with your Kratom exploration. You can read our Kratom blog to find Kratom news, updates, reviews about Kratom vendors, and much more.
Kratom Source USA is the best place to buy Kratom, featuring high-quality Kratom strains, powders, capsules, and enhanced versions. If you want cheap Kratom or want to buy it in bulk, you’re welcome.